Who we are
Q5 is an international award-winning consulting firm, specializing in organizational health. From cracking strategic challenges and designing the most effective organizational structures to building capability in teams, we help companies work better and smarter.
As part of our strategy, we continue to expand and grow across all of our international locations including North America.
We combine our global expertise with locally based delivery to get the best results for our clients.
We pride ourselves on delivering work in a unique, collaborative way: a partnership approach, with joint teams and clear outcomes, agreed benefits and shared success.
What we do
Organizational Health is what separates ‘good’ organizations from the ‘great’. We work with executive teams globally and nationally to address the 5 key foundations to healthy and high performing organizations.
- Clear & coherent strategy tied to a common purpose
- Effective and efficient operating model and organization design
- A proven ability to implement change and transformation
- Talented people motivated by the right culture and empowered by their leaders
- All underpinned by technology, data & insights that align to strategic objectives.
What the role is
Our Principal Consultants are responsible for running whole project workstreams and contributing to our new business pipeline either through project extensions or new client relationships. There are three core focus areas that we use when thinking about consulting at Q5:
1) Project delivery
- You will independently mobilize, oversee & run project teams to deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
- You will proactively manage stakeholder relationships within the Q5 client.
- You will identify and/or execute mitigations to project risk as well as be able to manage multiple projects, have experience of different project/client environments and bring this to the client to help solve their problems.
- You will manage the commercials – budget and resources for large projects.
2) Business development
- You will focus time towards developing and growing our North America business through brand awareness campaigns, developing and sustaining relationships and developing thought leadership
- You will contribute to proposals and bids with expert insight
3) Practice management
- You will take responsibility for mentoring one or more of our Consultants or Senior Consultants, supporting their development as well as managing performance conversations with confidence and clarity.
- You will support the Q5’s Buddy system and get involved in assisting in the onboarding of new joiners.
- You will contribute to the Q5 ecosystem by leading the development of new concepts, delivering training and leading committees.
Who we hire
The sort of person we look for at Q5
- Embrace a “startup” culture – as we grow in North America we need team members who are ready to take risks, try something different, and join us on this new journey as we get our North America business up and running. Adventurers only need apply.
- Highly adaptable and flexible thinking style – We often find ourselves working across a variety of contexts and a ‘simple’ challenge turns out to be much more complex than it first appears. You need to be able to quickly join the dots together and develop a plan to move forward. You also need to be able to adapt that plan when it is not working.
- Collaborative working style – This is one of our key differentiators. It’s not about being the smartest person in the room but instead helping to bring different stakeholders together to create a solution that works for the business. There is a “we” not “I” mindset.
- Genuinely care about your clients and colleague to help them succeed– When Q5 was founded it was to be more than a typical, transactional consulting firm. We are genuine partners with our clients focused on their long-term success, which means we hire people who a wired to care, be empathetic and get joy from seeing others succeed.
- Resilient in the face of challenges, tight timelines, and client expectations – We continually strive to create a positive working environment, but the reality of our work is that it is hard and therefore not for everyone. The people who succeed at Q5 can work under the pressure without losing their sense of humor or care for others.
- You get your hands dirty and step-up – We have a flat structure. If you enjoy getting stuck into a client’s challenge, pushing the team forward and solving problems with others you will thrive. We pride ourselves on developing our junior team members and creating supportive environments where people can bring their true selves to work (and in turn do their best work). We’re firm believers that everyone needs to roll up their sleeves to get the job done!
What we ask for
Expertise in any of our 5 areas in the ‘What we do’ section’ – particularly in Oil & Gas, Energy, Media, Retail, Financial Services, Telecommunications and/or Healthcare Sectors.
Additional skills desired:
- 7+ years’ work experience in similar or complimentary field
- Significant demonstrable experience of leading projects and teams in a similar consulting environment or significant demonstrable experience working in industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above (various disciplines welcome)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills to develop and deliver engaging workshops with complex and detailed subject matter.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity, be able to learn as you go, and problem solve challenges you come across.
- Drive and be self-starting and a keenness to get the best outcomes for clients.
- Demonstrable confidence and credibility with senior stakeholders and the ability to foster genuine client relationships quickly.
- Availability to travel/base yourself in region.