Q5 is an international award-winning consultancy specialising in organisational health. We help our clients develop their organisational strategy, design operating models, develop leaders, improve their organisational culture, and deliver organisational change at speed. We work with over 150 clients a year, across all sectors and corners of the globe, helping them become healthier and more successful organisations. Since launching Q5 in 2009, we have opened offices in New York, London, Leeds, Cardiff, Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Houston, and the Middle East. In 2022, Q5 was identified for the fifth year running as one of the FT’s ‘Leading Management Consultancies’ — as recommended by clients and peers. Q5 was also identified as one of the Best Companies to work for in 2022.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our growing finance team.
· Responsible for day to day running of the finance function
· Management and development of junior team members
· Running the UK payroll including overseeing the benefit schemes
· Overall control and review of accounting records for all group entities
· Debtor and creditor management
· Preparation of statutory returns including, including quarterly VAT returns, and liaising with accountants for overseas group companies
· Assisting Finance Director with preparation of month management accounts
· Assisting with the year end & audit process
· Becoming a ‘CMAP super-user’ and providing support to the business
· Proactively seek out system and process improvements
Skills & Capabilities:
· Qualified accountant
· Several years experience working in an accounting function including experience of managing a team
· Experience of running payroll an advantage but not essential as training can be provided
· Strong analytical reasoning skills and attention to detail
· Independent and proactive worker
· Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
· Strong Excel skills
· Knowledge of Sage and Xero an advantage
Building greater diversity and inclusion in our workforce and culture underpins all our values at Q5. To be true to our values we want to create an inclusive environment that celebrates the visible and invisible diversity of all people. Having truly diverse teams that reflect the communities we operate in can help deliver the best outcomes for our clients and whilst giving everyone the opportunity to bring their best selves to work.
This form has been designed to assess the representation within our candidate pool. We have a desire to ensure our workplace is accommodating of all people from all backgrounds – your answers will help us understand our current reach and continuously look at ways to improving our working environment. All questions give you the option not to answer (‘prefer not to say’).
Data will be treated in strictest confidence – this form is anonymous and NOT in any way attributable to your application. None of the recruiting team, or any of your interviewers will see any of your responses.
If you have any questions or if we can support you in any way throughout the interview process, please feel free to ask the recruitment professional you are progressing with.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for our position. We’re currently in the process of taking applications. If you are successful, our team will be in touch.